Soni refuses to comment on Prasar Bharati CEO issue
New Delhi: Government on Monday refused to
comment on the ongoing legal issues involving Prasar Bharati
CEO B S Lalli and its board, saying the matter is subjudice.
"The matters related to Prasar Bharati board and its CEO
B S Lalli are currently being handled in High Court and
Supreme Court and are subjudice there. Also, the CVC inquiry
(against Lalli as ordered by Apex Court) is still going on, so
I cannot comment on the issue now," Minister for Information
and Broadcasting Ambika Soni told reporters on the sidelines
of an awards function here.
Asked whether the government was considering any
amendments in Prasar Bharati Act, Soni said it was an Act of
Parliament and cannot be changed.
"However, we have three new members in Prasar Bharati
board (referring to Muzaffar Ali, Suman Dubey and chairperson
Mrinal Pande) and we will have to see what happens when the
first meeting of the new board takes place (scheduled for next
week)," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars