Soni refuses to comment on Prasar Bharati CEO issue
New Delhi: Government on Monday refused to
comment on the ongoing legal issues involving Prasar Bharati
CEO B S Lalli and its board, saying the matter is subjudice.
"The matters related to Prasar Bharati board and its CEO
B S Lalli are currently being handled in High Court and
Supreme Court and are subjudice there. Also, the CVC inquiry
(against Lalli as ordered by Apex Court) is still going on, so
I cannot comment on the issue now," Minister for Information
and Broadcasting Ambika Soni told reporters on the sidelines
of an awards function here.
Asked whether the government was considering any
amendments in Prasar Bharati Act, Soni said it was an Act of
Parliament and cannot be changed.
"However, we have three new members in Prasar Bharati
board (referring to Muzaffar Ali, Suman Dubey and chairperson
Mrinal Pande) and we will have to see what happens when the
first meeting of the new board takes place (scheduled for next
week)," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win