Sonia and Rahul chide central ministers for ignoring party men
New Delhi: Both Sonia Gandhi and Rahul
Gandhi on Sunday pulled up Central Ministers for "not paying heed"
to Congress workers from states where the party was not in
power and "demoralising" them.
"Many party workers in non-Congress states have
complained to me that our ministers at the Centre do not fully
appreciate their concerns. They make a valid point," the
64-year-old Congress President said addressing the party
plenary being attended by several Union Ministers and chief
Ministers among others.
"Such neglect is demoralising for our workers who
function in a hostile environment," she said.
In a similar vein, Rahul said wherever he went, he
received complaints that Ministers and Chief Ministers did not
give time to party workers.
Wondering as to how the party could connect with the
common man if the leaders failed to connect even with
partymen, he asked the Ministers and Chief Ministers to spare
some time for ordinary workers.
The remarks of the Congress President as also Rahul
were lustily cheered by the delegates who clapped repeatedly.
To rejuvenate the party, it was the primary
responsibility of those in office to be sensitive to the
voices coming from the party organisation and ranks, she said.
"Party workers must be seriously heard and listened to.
We must not forget that it is the ordinary worker who is our
ear on the ground, our hand on the pulse of the common man,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader