Sonia and Rahul chide central ministers for ignoring party men
New Delhi: Both Sonia Gandhi and Rahul
Gandhi on Sunday pulled up Central Ministers for "not paying heed"
to Congress workers from states where the party was not in
power and "demoralising" them.
"Many party workers in non-Congress states have
complained to me that our ministers at the Centre do not fully
appreciate their concerns. They make a valid point," the
64-year-old Congress President said addressing the party
plenary being attended by several Union Ministers and chief
Ministers among others.
"Such neglect is demoralising for our workers who
function in a hostile environment," she said.
In a similar vein, Rahul said wherever he went, he
received complaints that Ministers and Chief Ministers did not
give time to party workers.
Wondering as to how the party could connect with the
common man if the leaders failed to connect even with
partymen, he asked the Ministers and Chief Ministers to spare
some time for ordinary workers.
The remarks of the Congress President as also Rahul
were lustily cheered by the delegates who clapped repeatedly.
To rejuvenate the party, it was the primary
responsibility of those in office to be sensitive to the
voices coming from the party organisation and ranks, she said.
"Party workers must be seriously heard and listened to.
We must not forget that it is the ordinary worker who is our
ear on the ground, our hand on the pulse of the common man,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days