Sonia anguished over Manna Dey`s passing away
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday expressed deep anguish on the death of legendary singer Manna Dey, saying India has lost a genius.
Gandhi, in a statement here, said that in the passing away of Manna Dey, the nation has lost a veteran playback singer, a versatile artist of extraordinary ability, and a creative genius who mesmerised listeners with his enchanting voice.
"He will always be remembered and will continue to enthral music lovers forever," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach