Sonia approves proposal to reconstitute Sikkim PCC
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Saturday approved the proposal for reconstituting the Sikkim Pradesh Congress Committee, besides also appointing President of the Pradesh Mahila Congress.
Gandhi cleared the appointment of Major T Gyatso and Penzo D Namgyal as senior vice presidents, Anil Lachenpa as treasurer and Rudra N Sakya as general secretary of the Sikkim PCC.
Sarita Sharma has been made the president of the Pradesh Mahila Congress, said AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi.
Gandhi appointed Gayching Bhutia, Jagdish Cintury, Buddhibal Gurung and Deepak Sharma as District Congress Presidents in Sikkim.
She also cleared a proposal for appointing Indira Devi, G Prabhahini Devi and Lhingkim Shingnaisuias vice presidents of the Manipur Pradesh Mahila Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday