Sonia approves proposal to reconstitute Sikkim PCC
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Saturday approved the proposal for reconstituting the Sikkim Pradesh Congress Committee, besides also appointing President of the Pradesh Mahila Congress.
Gandhi cleared the appointment of Major T Gyatso and Penzo D Namgyal as senior vice presidents, Anil Lachenpa as treasurer and Rudra N Sakya as general secretary of the Sikkim PCC.
Sarita Sharma has been made the president of the Pradesh Mahila Congress, said AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi.
Gandhi appointed Gayching Bhutia, Jagdish Cintury, Buddhibal Gurung and Deepak Sharma as District Congress Presidents in Sikkim.
She also cleared a proposal for appointing Indira Devi, G Prabhahini Devi and Lhingkim Shingnaisuias vice presidents of the Manipur Pradesh Mahila Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons