Sonia assured of flat in Dwarka, job: Brother of gang-rape victim
Lucknow: Congress president Sonia Gandhi has assured of initiating steps to allot a flat at Dwarka and a job for one of the family members, the brother of the Delhi gang-rape victim has said.
He said on the request of his mother, Sonia assured to initiate steps to get a flat allotted at Dwarka and job to him when she visited the family along with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi yesterday.
The Congress president told them that charges had been framed against the accused in court and justice would be done soon, he said.
The brother said Sonia spent almost an hour with the family and for the maximum time, she was with the girl`s mother, who got emotional and broke down several times.
The family discussed about punishment to the sixth accused, who had been declared juvenile, and to frame a law to reduce the age of being juvenile.
He said Sonia intently listened to them and assured that she would see at her own level what could be done within the framework of the law.
She assured the family, saying they should not worry about anything and she considered them as her family. She said she was personally watching every activity related to the case, he said.
The brother said the Congress president expressed grief at not being able to save the girl despite all efforts.
He said it was the fourth time Sonia had visited the family. Earlier, she went twice to the hospital and also met them at the airport when the body was flown back from Singapore, he said.
He said during her stay, she enquired about the family moving from a Uttar Pradesh village to Delhi in 1983 and regarding various aspects of the life of the girl since her childhood up to her physiotherapy course.
Sonia also went to the room of the girl and had a look at her books.
He said the family was impressed with Sonia`s affection and straightforwardness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details