Sonia back home after medical check up abroad
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi Monday returned home after a week-long visit abroad for a routine medical check-up.
"She (Gandhi) has come back this morning after her routine medical check-up and all the reports are perfectly all right," AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
This was the third visit abroad of the 65-year old Gandhi in connection with her surgery she underwent in August last year for an undisclosed ailment.
She had left the country on August 2 for the check ups. Sources close to her said that Gandhi`s health is perfectly fine and speculation of her battling cancer or some similar life threatening disease right now is "sheer nonsense".
"There is nothing like that. These are routine medical check ups," a leader said when asked about speculation regarding Gandhi`s nature of ailment.
After her surgery in August 2010, Gandhi had again visited abroad for her first six-monthly check up in the last week of February this year.
A four-member team of Congress leaders including Defence Minister A K Antony, Rahul Gandhi, the Congress President`s political secretary Ahmed Patel and Janardan Dwivedi was constituted to look after the party work.
However, no such arrangement was made during her last two week-long visits abroad for the medical check ups this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'