Sonia condoles death of 63 people in Pratapgarh stampede
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday condoled the death of women and children in a stampede at an ashram of a godman near Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
Sonia expressed grief and conveyed her condolences to the bereaved families, a party statement said here.
63 people were killed in the stampede at an ashram near Pratapgarh yesterday when a gate collapsed triggering panic among the 10,000-strong crowd that had converged for a
Over 100 persons were injured, 28 of them seriously, in the tragedy that occurred when poor farmers and villagers had gathered to receive food and clothes from Kripalu
Maharaj`s ashram at Kunda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon