Sonia condoles death of 63 people in Pratapgarh stampede
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday condoled the death of women and children in a stampede at an ashram of a godman near Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
Sonia expressed grief and conveyed her condolences to the bereaved families, a party statement said here.
63 people were killed in the stampede at an ashram near Pratapgarh yesterday when a gate collapsed triggering panic among the 10,000-strong crowd that had converged for a
Over 100 persons were injured, 28 of them seriously, in the tragedy that occurred when poor farmers and villagers had gathered to receive food and clothes from Kripalu
Maharaj`s ashram at Kunda.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today