Sonia condoles death of 63 people in Pratapgarh stampede
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday condoled the death of women and children in a stampede at an ashram of a godman near Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
Sonia expressed grief and conveyed her condolences to the bereaved families, a party statement said here.
63 people were killed in the stampede at an ashram near Pratapgarh yesterday when a gate collapsed triggering panic among the 10,000-strong crowd that had converged for a
Over 100 persons were injured, 28 of them seriously, in the tragedy that occurred when poor farmers and villagers had gathered to receive food and clothes from Kripalu
Maharaj`s ashram at Kunda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details