Sonia consults party leaders on Karnataka
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia
Gandhi Tuesday held consultations with senior party leaders on
the prevailing situation in Karnataka against the backdrop of
Governor HR Bhardwaj recommending imposition of President`s
Rule in the BJP-ruled state.
Health Minister and AICC general secretary in charge
of Karnataka Ghulam Nabi Azad and Law Minister M Veerappa
Moily met Gandhi at her 10, Janpath residence this morning to
discuss the situation.
Before meeting Gandhi, Moily said here that the BJP`s
onslaught against the Governor was an effort to cover its own
mistakes. "It is a character crisis within the BJP... It is a
highly motivated allegation. It is a desperate attempt on part
of the BJP to cover their own mistakes," he told reporters.
With differing views emerging in Congress on
imposition of President`s Rule in the state, Congress is
weighing its pros and cons before arriving at a decision.
The Congress Core Group met here last evening to
discuss the situation. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Gandhi,
Home Minister P Chidambaram and political secretary to the
Congress president Ahmad Patel are understood to have
deliberated on the options before the Centre in view of the
fluid political situation in Karnataka.
Meanwhile, AICC general secretary in-charge of Uttar
Pradesh Digvijay Singh, party in-charge of Haryana Prithviraj
Chavan, in-charge of Bihar Mukul Wasnik and senior leader
Keshav Rao, who is in charge of West Bengal and Jharkhand also
met Gandhi to discuss the political situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh