Sonia expected to return by first week of Sept
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who underwent a surgery in the US, is expected to return by this weekend or in the first week of September.
Sources said, that there has been considerable improvement in Gandhi`s medical condition and she has been informed of the Anna Hazare issue.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said, "We always look forward to her guidance and also expect to have it in very near future."
Replying to questions on, whether the government is unable to handle the crisis in absence of the party president, Singhvi said, "We surely miss the Congress President`s presence but issues have to be dealt with even in her absence."
Top sources in the party said Gandhi, who is recuperating after having undergone a surgery in the US on August 4, has been kept in loop about the developments back home and she could come back by month end or by the first week of next month.
Rahul Gandhi, who accompanied her mother to the US, came back here over a week back and was present at the flag hoisting ceremony at the AICC headquarters on August 15.
Sonia Gandhi had constituted a four-member team of Rahul Gandhi, A K Antony, Ahmed Patel and Janardan Dwivedi to look after party affairs in the state in her absence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door