Sonia expected to return by first week of Sept
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who underwent a surgery in the US, is expected to return by this weekend or in the first week of September.
Sources said, that there has been considerable improvement in Gandhi`s medical condition and she has been informed of the Anna Hazare issue.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said, "We always look forward to her guidance and also expect to have it in very near future."
Replying to questions on, whether the government is unable to handle the crisis in absence of the party president, Singhvi said, "We surely miss the Congress President`s presence but issues have to be dealt with even in her absence."
Top sources in the party said Gandhi, who is recuperating after having undergone a surgery in the US on August 4, has been kept in loop about the developments back home and she could come back by month end or by the first week of next month.
Rahul Gandhi, who accompanied her mother to the US, came back here over a week back and was present at the flag hoisting ceremony at the AICC headquarters on August 15.
Sonia Gandhi had constituted a four-member team of Rahul Gandhi, A K Antony, Ahmed Patel and Janardan Dwivedi to look after party affairs in the state in her absence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users