Sonia expected to return by first week of Sept
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who underwent a surgery in the US, is expected to return by this weekend or in the first week of September.
Sources said, that there has been considerable improvement in Gandhi`s medical condition and she has been informed of the Anna Hazare issue.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said, "We always look forward to her guidance and also expect to have it in very near future."
Replying to questions on, whether the government is unable to handle the crisis in absence of the party president, Singhvi said, "We surely miss the Congress President`s presence but issues have to be dealt with even in her absence."
Top sources in the party said Gandhi, who is recuperating after having undergone a surgery in the US on August 4, has been kept in loop about the developments back home and she could come back by month end or by the first week of next month.
Rahul Gandhi, who accompanied her mother to the US, came back here over a week back and was present at the flag hoisting ceremony at the AICC headquarters on August 15.
Sonia Gandhi had constituted a four-member team of Rahul Gandhi, A K Antony, Ahmed Patel and Janardan Dwivedi to look after party affairs in the state in her absence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray