Sonia Gandhi asks Cong MPs to expose BJP`s `obstructionist` tactics
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday met a group of party MPs and agreed with their view that the party should not be defensive about the BJP`s demand for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation over the government auditors` report on coal allocation, one of the MPs said.
Gandhi agreed that the Congress should expose the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) "obstructionist" parliamentary tactics, said the MP, demanding that he not be named.
The group, which had mainly young Congress MPs, met Gandhi soon after the Lok Sabha witnessed its first adjournment over the BJP`s demand and conveyed their anguish at repeated stalling of parliament`s proceedings over the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report.
"We met her to convey our viewpoint about how parliament is functioning. We told her that BJP was doing a disservice which should be taken to people," the party MP said later.
Gandhi nodded in agreement with what they told her, the MP said.
The MPs told Gandhi that the BJP`s tactics can lead to "chaotic situation" and all its demands cannot be accepted. They said situation had to be viewed for the "country as a whole" and not from perspective of a party.
The MPs said they wanted a discussion in parliament on the CAG report.
The MPs who met Gandhi included Sanjay Nirupam, Sandeep Dikshit, Jyoti Mirdha, Deepender Hooda and Annu Tandon.
Parliament was adjourned for the the third day on Thursday over the BJP`s demand for the prime minister`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered