Sonia Gandhi cancels her Tripura trip due to ill-health
Agartala: Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who was scheduled to address two election meetings in Tripura on Sunday, has cancelled her visit due to ill-health, All India Congress Committee general secretary Luizinho Falerio said.
Ahead of the February 14 polls, Sonia was to hold meetings in Agartala and Kumarghat but it has been cancelled due to her illness, said Falerio, party in-charge of Tripura.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had also cancelled his trip. He was scheduled to address people yesterday at Ambassa in Dhalai district.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would hold four public meetings in Tripura tomorrow to campaign in favour of party candidates for the elections, Falerio said.
He would address public meetings at Dharmanagar in North Tripura district, Khayerpur, near here, Sonamura in Sipahijala district and Shantirbazar in South Tripura district.
Falerio said the opposition Congress would organise a public meeting on February 12 here which would be addressed by a heavy weight central leader of Congress, but his name is yet to be finalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: Five amazing similarties between two world leaders - PM Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Romeo' Peter Mukerjea's birthday letter to 'Juliet' Indrani Mukerjea - Read
- Commercial cinema doesn't need me: Manoj Bajpayee
- Puducherry Assembly polls: 157 more candidates in fray than 2011
- Hot and sexy to the hilt – Nargis Fakhri on sizzling magazine covers