Sonia Gandhi condoles death of Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday expressed her grief over the passing away of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim, who died early this morning in a Singapore hospital.
The UPA chairperson said she was saddened over the death of the girl.
The girl, who was admitted to the well-known multi-organ transplant facility Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore in an extremely critical condition, breathed her last at 4:45 am (2:15 am India time). She was earlier treated at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
She was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a Delhi bus a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj