Sonia Gandhi condoles death of Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday expressed her grief over the passing away of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim, who died early this morning in a Singapore hospital.
The UPA chairperson said she was saddened over the death of the girl.
The girl, who was admitted to the well-known multi-organ transplant facility Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore in an extremely critical condition, breathed her last at 4:45 am (2:15 am India time). She was earlier treated at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
She was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a Delhi bus a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB