Sonia Gandhi condoles deaths in train mishap
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia
Gandhi expressed her "heartfelt condolences" to those killed
and wished speedy recovery to the injured in the train
accident at Mathura on Wednesday that claimed 22 lives.
"I am distressed to hear about the tragedy that struck
the Goa and Mewar express near Mathura today resulting in the
loss of innocent lives. My heart goes out to those who lost
their beloved ones. My heartfelt condolences and feeling of
empathy and support to them", Gandhi said in a statement here.
"I also sincerely wish for the speedy recovery of
those injured in this unfortunate incident," she said.
In a pre-dawn mishap, at least 22 people were killed
and as many injured when the Delhi-bound Goa Express, whose
driver apparently ignored the signal, rammed into the last
bogie of the stationary Mewar Express near here today.
The Goa Express hit the Udaipur City-Hazrat Nizamuddin
Mewar Express between Mathura and Vrindavan at around 4.30 AM,
railway officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!