Sonia Gandhi condoles deaths in train mishap
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia
Gandhi expressed her "heartfelt condolences" to those killed
and wished speedy recovery to the injured in the train
accident at Mathura on Wednesday that claimed 22 lives.
"I am distressed to hear about the tragedy that struck
the Goa and Mewar express near Mathura today resulting in the
loss of innocent lives. My heart goes out to those who lost
their beloved ones. My heartfelt condolences and feeling of
empathy and support to them", Gandhi said in a statement here.
"I also sincerely wish for the speedy recovery of
those injured in this unfortunate incident," she said.
In a pre-dawn mishap, at least 22 people were killed
and as many injured when the Delhi-bound Goa Express, whose
driver apparently ignored the signal, rammed into the last
bogie of the stationary Mewar Express near here today.
The Goa Express hit the Udaipur City-Hazrat Nizamuddin
Mewar Express between Mathura and Vrindavan at around 4.30 AM,
railway officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of open manholes and huge pits claiming lives in India
- DNA: Analysis of open manholes and huge pits claiming lives in India - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of people's empathy towards terrorists in Kashmir