Sonia Gandhi extremely worried about people of Uttarakhand: Soni
Dehradun: Congress General secretary in-charge of party affairs in Uttarakhand Ambika Soni on Sunday said Sonia Gandhi is extremely worried about the people of calamity hit-Uttarakhand and wants early evacuation of stranded survivors from Badrinath.
"Sonia ji is deeply worried about the welfare of pilgrims stuck in Uttarakhand and also the locals who have been badly hit by the tragedy.
"We want that a fool-proof system be put in place to ensure safe evacuation of stranded pilgrims and availability of relief to flood ravaged villages," Soni who arrived here to review rescue operations underway told reporters at the Jollygrant airport.
She also held a meeting with party MPs and MLAs from the state here to review the rescue operations being carried out by various government agencies and different wings of the party involved in the exercise in the aftermath of the tragedy that occurred a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days