Sonia Gandhi extremely worried about people of Uttarakhand: Soni
Dehradun: Congress General secretary in-charge of party affairs in Uttarakhand Ambika Soni on Sunday said Sonia Gandhi is extremely worried about the people of calamity hit-Uttarakhand and wants early evacuation of stranded survivors from Badrinath.
"Sonia ji is deeply worried about the welfare of pilgrims stuck in Uttarakhand and also the locals who have been badly hit by the tragedy.
"We want that a fool-proof system be put in place to ensure safe evacuation of stranded pilgrims and availability of relief to flood ravaged villages," Soni who arrived here to review rescue operations underway told reporters at the Jollygrant airport.
She also held a meeting with party MPs and MLAs from the state here to review the rescue operations being carried out by various government agencies and different wings of the party involved in the exercise in the aftermath of the tragedy that occurred a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick