Sonia Gandhi extremely worried about people of Uttarakhand: Soni
Dehradun: Congress General secretary in-charge of party affairs in Uttarakhand Ambika Soni on Sunday said Sonia Gandhi is extremely worried about the people of calamity hit-Uttarakhand and wants early evacuation of stranded survivors from Badrinath.
"Sonia ji is deeply worried about the welfare of pilgrims stuck in Uttarakhand and also the locals who have been badly hit by the tragedy.
"We want that a fool-proof system be put in place to ensure safe evacuation of stranded pilgrims and availability of relief to flood ravaged villages," Soni who arrived here to review rescue operations underway told reporters at the Jollygrant airport.
She also held a meeting with party MPs and MLAs from the state here to review the rescue operations being carried out by various government agencies and different wings of the party involved in the exercise in the aftermath of the tragedy that occurred a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa