Sonia Gandhi extremely worried about people of Uttarakhand: Soni
Dehradun: Congress General secretary in-charge of party affairs in Uttarakhand Ambika Soni on Sunday said Sonia Gandhi is extremely worried about the people of calamity hit-Uttarakhand and wants early evacuation of stranded survivors from Badrinath.
"Sonia ji is deeply worried about the welfare of pilgrims stuck in Uttarakhand and also the locals who have been badly hit by the tragedy.
"We want that a fool-proof system be put in place to ensure safe evacuation of stranded pilgrims and availability of relief to flood ravaged villages," Soni who arrived here to review rescue operations underway told reporters at the Jollygrant airport.
She also held a meeting with party MPs and MLAs from the state here to review the rescue operations being carried out by various government agencies and different wings of the party involved in the exercise in the aftermath of the tragedy that occurred a fortnight ago.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative