Sonia Gandhi extremely worried about people of Uttarakhand: Soni
Dehradun: Congress General secretary in-charge of party affairs in Uttarakhand Ambika Soni on Sunday said Sonia Gandhi is extremely worried about the people of calamity hit-Uttarakhand and wants early evacuation of stranded survivors from Badrinath.
"Sonia ji is deeply worried about the welfare of pilgrims stuck in Uttarakhand and also the locals who have been badly hit by the tragedy.
"We want that a fool-proof system be put in place to ensure safe evacuation of stranded pilgrims and availability of relief to flood ravaged villages," Soni who arrived here to review rescue operations underway told reporters at the Jollygrant airport.
She also held a meeting with party MPs and MLAs from the state here to review the rescue operations being carried out by various government agencies and different wings of the party involved in the exercise in the aftermath of the tragedy that occurred a fortnight ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport