Sonia Gandhi flies to US for medical check-up
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi left for the United States on Monday for a medical check-up.
According to sources, Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka Vadra is accompanying her. The visit is part of a scheduled annual check-up.
The check-up was due since her last visit abroad in September 2012, but it was delayed due to other pressing engagements, Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
On August 26, when the Lok Sabha was debating the Food Security Bill, Gandhi was taken ill and admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
She was discharged the same night after a few tests were conducted on her.
Gandhi had undergone surgery for an undisclosed ailment at a US hospital on August 5, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS