Sonia Gandhi flies to US for medical check-up
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi left for the United States on Monday for a medical check-up.
According to sources, Gandhi`s daughter Priyanka Vadra is accompanying her. The visit is part of a scheduled annual check-up.
The check-up was due since her last visit abroad in September 2012, but it was delayed due to other pressing engagements, Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
On August 26, when the Lok Sabha was debating the Food Security Bill, Gandhi was taken ill and admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
She was discharged the same night after a few tests were conducted on her.
Gandhi had undergone surgery for an undisclosed ailment at a US hospital on August 5, 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference