Sonia Gandhi not to celebrate her birthday
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi,
who turns 66 on Friday, will not be celebrating her birthday
this time also to "avoid inconvenience to people".
Like last year, keeping in view the inconvenience caused
to people, Gandhi has appealed to party workers not to come to
Delhi on her birthday, party general secretary Janardan
She does not want people to take a lot of trouble and
spend money to come all the way to Delhi from far off places
to greet her, he said.
Despite the appeal, party workers had last year gathered
at her 10 Janpath residence early morning beating drums and
taking out processions to celebrate her birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid