Sonia Gandhi not to celebrate her birthday
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi,
who turns 66 on Friday, will not be celebrating her birthday
this time also to "avoid inconvenience to people".
Like last year, keeping in view the inconvenience caused
to people, Gandhi has appealed to party workers not to come to
Delhi on her birthday, party general secretary Janardan
She does not want people to take a lot of trouble and
spend money to come all the way to Delhi from far off places
to greet her, he said.
Despite the appeal, party workers had last year gathered
at her 10 Janpath residence early morning beating drums and
taking out processions to celebrate her birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what