Sonia Gandhi not to celebrate her birthday
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi,
who turns 66 on Friday, will not be celebrating her birthday
this time also to "avoid inconvenience to people".
Like last year, keeping in view the inconvenience caused
to people, Gandhi has appealed to party workers not to come to
Delhi on her birthday, party general secretary Janardan
She does not want people to take a lot of trouble and
spend money to come all the way to Delhi from far off places
to greet her, he said.
Despite the appeal, party workers had last year gathered
at her 10 Janpath residence early morning beating drums and
taking out processions to celebrate her birthday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram