Sonia Gandhi returns to Delhi from US after check-up
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who had gone abroad for a routine medical check-up, returned to Delhi on Wednesday.
Accompanied by daughter Priyanka, Gandhi had on September 02 left for the US for medical check-up.
The 66-year-old Gandhi, who had undergone a surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment on August 05, 2011, had flown there for a check-up in February and again on September 02 last year.
She was admitted to AIIMS in August after she complained of chest pain and exhaustion in the Lok Sabha during a discussion on Food Security Bill when it was in the last stages of adoption.
She was discharged from the hospital after she spent five hours undergoing various tests. Gandhi, who had cough and headache, had felt uneasy in Parliament after taking medicines.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam