Sonia Gandhi returns to Delhi from US after check-up
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who had gone abroad for a routine medical check-up, returned to Delhi on Wednesday.
Accompanied by daughter Priyanka, Gandhi had on September 02 left for the US for medical check-up.
The 66-year-old Gandhi, who had undergone a surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment on August 05, 2011, had flown there for a check-up in February and again on September 02 last year.
She was admitted to AIIMS in August after she complained of chest pain and exhaustion in the Lok Sabha during a discussion on Food Security Bill when it was in the last stages of adoption.
She was discharged from the hospital after she spent five hours undergoing various tests. Gandhi, who had cough and headache, had felt uneasy in Parliament after taking medicines.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez