Sonia Gandhi returns to Delhi from US after check-up
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who had gone abroad for a routine medical check-up, returned to Delhi on Wednesday.
Accompanied by daughter Priyanka, Gandhi had on September 02 left for the US for medical check-up.
The 66-year-old Gandhi, who had undergone a surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment on August 05, 2011, had flown there for a check-up in February and again on September 02 last year.
She was admitted to AIIMS in August after she complained of chest pain and exhaustion in the Lok Sabha during a discussion on Food Security Bill when it was in the last stages of adoption.
She was discharged from the hospital after she spent five hours undergoing various tests. Gandhi, who had cough and headache, had felt uneasy in Parliament after taking medicines.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!