Sonia Gandhi should apologise and sack Shinde: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should be removed for his comment on "Hindu terror" that had hurt national interests, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said on Thursday.
Asking Shinde to not cross his limits, Sushma Swaraj said politics can be practised to the extent that it benefits the Congress or even harms the BJP but "should not be taken to a level where national interest is affected".
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, who was addressing a protest rally at Jantar Mantar here, added that the party wanted an apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the nation and sack Shinde," she said.
"You have hurt national interest at a time when Pakistan is coming and beheading our soldiers. You are not attacking Pakistan but attacking the main opposition party," she said about the home minister.
"What do you want to tell the world? There might be terror camps in Pakistan, but here the main opposition party runs a terror camp! Do you want to say, terrorists are sitting in parliament? The leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha is heading a terror organisation?" she asked.
Shinde had said in Jaipur during the Congress`s Chintan Shivir Sunday: "Whether it is BJP or RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh), their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism."
The Opposition party was Thursday holding nationwide protests against Shinde`s comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail