Sonia Gandhi should apologise and sack Shinde: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should be removed for his comment on "Hindu terror" that had hurt national interests, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said on Thursday.
Asking Shinde to not cross his limits, Sushma Swaraj said politics can be practised to the extent that it benefits the Congress or even harms the BJP but "should not be taken to a level where national interest is affected".
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, who was addressing a protest rally at Jantar Mantar here, added that the party wanted an apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the nation and sack Shinde," she said.
"You have hurt national interest at a time when Pakistan is coming and beheading our soldiers. You are not attacking Pakistan but attacking the main opposition party," she said about the home minister.
"What do you want to tell the world? There might be terror camps in Pakistan, but here the main opposition party runs a terror camp! Do you want to say, terrorists are sitting in parliament? The leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha is heading a terror organisation?" she asked.
Shinde had said in Jaipur during the Congress`s Chintan Shivir Sunday: "Whether it is BJP or RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh), their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism."
The Opposition party was Thursday holding nationwide protests against Shinde`s comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued