Sonia Gandhi should apologise and sack Shinde: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should be removed for his comment on "Hindu terror" that had hurt national interests, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said on Thursday.
Asking Shinde to not cross his limits, Sushma Swaraj said politics can be practised to the extent that it benefits the Congress or even harms the BJP but "should not be taken to a level where national interest is affected".
The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, who was addressing a protest rally at Jantar Mantar here, added that the party wanted an apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"Sonia Gandhi should apologise to the nation and sack Shinde," she said.
"You have hurt national interest at a time when Pakistan is coming and beheading our soldiers. You are not attacking Pakistan but attacking the main opposition party," she said about the home minister.
"What do you want to tell the world? There might be terror camps in Pakistan, but here the main opposition party runs a terror camp! Do you want to say, terrorists are sitting in parliament? The leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha is heading a terror organisation?" she asked.
Shinde had said in Jaipur during the Congress`s Chintan Shivir Sunday: "Whether it is BJP or RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh), their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism."
The Opposition party was Thursday holding nationwide protests against Shinde`s comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days