Sonia Gandhi splitting Andhra Pradesh to help Rahul become PM: Jagan Reddy
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday collectively hit out at the top Congress leadership on the issue of Telangana, and hinted at a political conspiracy.
Jagan, who recently came out of jail on bail in a disproportionate assets case, suggested the entire Telangana issue was aimed at benefitting Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
He said the decision to split Andhra Pradesh was taken by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi so that her son Rahul could go on to become the prime minister.
He further accused Sonia Gandhi of playing with "our lives and the lives of our children" in order to help her son become the PM.
Jagan’s attack follows critics assumption that the Congress decided to go ahead with Telangana so as to win votes in both the Telangana and the rest of the state, called as Seemandhara.
Jagan today also called on Andhra Governor ESL Narasimhan to call an emergency session of the state Legislative Assembly and pass a resolution to keep the state united.
The Kadapa MP said: "At least now the Assembly session should be convened so that a resolution is passed before the centre sends a draft bill (for the formation of Telangana state)."
He alleged "the central ministers have also given up the Samaikyandhra (Andhra Pradesh united) demand and are now seeking a package".
Jagan announced that his party legislators would stage a sit-in in front of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s camp office on Friday, and also meet Assembly Speaker N Manohar to press for an Assembly session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof