Sonia Gandhi splitting Andhra Pradesh to help Rahul become PM: Jagan Reddy
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday collectively hit out at the top Congress leadership on the issue of Telangana, and hinted at a political conspiracy.
Jagan, who recently came out of jail on bail in a disproportionate assets case, suggested the entire Telangana issue was aimed at benefitting Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
He said the decision to split Andhra Pradesh was taken by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi so that her son Rahul could go on to become the prime minister.
He further accused Sonia Gandhi of playing with "our lives and the lives of our children" in order to help her son become the PM.
Jagan’s attack follows critics assumption that the Congress decided to go ahead with Telangana so as to win votes in both the Telangana and the rest of the state, called as Seemandhara.
Jagan today also called on Andhra Governor ESL Narasimhan to call an emergency session of the state Legislative Assembly and pass a resolution to keep the state united.
The Kadapa MP said: "At least now the Assembly session should be convened so that a resolution is passed before the centre sends a draft bill (for the formation of Telangana state)."
He alleged "the central ministers have also given up the Samaikyandhra (Andhra Pradesh united) demand and are now seeking a package".
Jagan announced that his party legislators would stage a sit-in in front of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s camp office on Friday, and also meet Assembly Speaker N Manohar to press for an Assembly session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday