Sonia Gandhi turns 66
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi turned 66 on Sunday as jubilant party workers in large numbers thronged outside 10 Janpath, her official residence, to greet their leader.
The Congress workers distributed sweets on the occasion amid beating of drums and bursting of crackers.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and a number of Union Ministers and senior party leaders had greeted Gandhi yesterday itself.
Members of the Congress Working Committee and Union ministers including Sushil Kumar Shinde, Beni Prasad Verma, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Kapil Sibal, Janardan Dwivedi and Motilal Vora had visited her 10 Janpath residence to greet Gandhi on Saturday evening.
Sources said Gandhi has some engagements today due which the leaders willing to meet her were given time yesterday itself.
A number of Chief Ministers and state Congress leaders including Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Andhra Pradesh Kiran Kumar Reddy wished her on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah