Sonia Gandhi turns 66
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi turned 66 on Sunday as jubilant party workers in large numbers thronged outside 10 Janpath, her official residence, to greet their leader.
The Congress workers distributed sweets on the occasion amid beating of drums and bursting of crackers.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and a number of Union Ministers and senior party leaders had greeted Gandhi yesterday itself.
Members of the Congress Working Committee and Union ministers including Sushil Kumar Shinde, Beni Prasad Verma, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Kapil Sibal, Janardan Dwivedi and Motilal Vora had visited her 10 Janpath residence to greet Gandhi on Saturday evening.
Sources said Gandhi has some engagements today due which the leaders willing to meet her were given time yesterday itself.
A number of Chief Ministers and state Congress leaders including Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Andhra Pradesh Kiran Kumar Reddy wished her on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India