Sonia `Gangotri` of corruption: Subramanian Swamy
Mumbai: Terming Congress president Sonia
Gandhi as "Gangotri" (fountainhead) of corruption in the
country, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Wednesday said
Opposition should not `play` her game.
"The JPC probe (into alleged irregularities in the 2G
spectrum) will serve to humiliate the Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and he may resign which is what Sonia Gandhi wants,"
"The Opposition should take care that they don`t play
Sonia Gandhi`s game," he told PTI after meeting Shiv Sena
chief Bal Thackeray at the latter`s residence in suburban
Asked if he thought Sonia Gandhi was instigating
Opposition to insist on the JPC probe, Swamy said "Yes, I
think she is instigating the Opposition for a confrontation on
this (issue) so that the Prime Minister loses."
On whether the Opposition was playing into her hands,
Swamy said "I think if the PM were forced to resign at this
juncture, you are empowering Sonia Gandhi...so that she is
free to bring in Rahul Gandhi as the Prime Minister."
"I have urged Balasaheb (Thackeray) to organise a rally
against corruption and he has agreed for it. It will
be held at the Shivaji Park," Swamy said.
Sonia Gandhi was "Gangotri" (fountainhead) of corruption
in the country, Swamy said. "I requested Balasaheb to lead the
country and get rid of the rampant corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state