Sonia has not responded to questions on various scams: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday countered Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s attack alleging that she has failed to respond to questions on coalgate and other scams while raking up the corruption issue time and again.
"Gandhi has been raising the issue of corruption in her public speeches everywhere be it in Rajkot, Mangalore, Haryana or even today in Mandi (Himachal Pradesh).... What has she done on the 2G spectrum scam? And Sheila Dikshit is still the Chief Minister of Delhi despite a Prime Minister appointed Committee indicting her.
"We have not heard a word from Gandhi on her stand on black money or coalgate," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said after the Congress president took on the BJP as she kickstarted assembly election campaign in Himchal Pradesh.
"At the Burari Meet (of the Congress), she gave a five point diktat on fighting corruption," the spokesperson said
The opposition party alleged that while Gandhi speaks about corruption, Congress and UPA have done virtually nothing to deal with it.
It alleged that while the issue of corruption has reached the doorstep of Sonia Gandhi, she only adds questions to the script of her speeches and does not provide any answers and clarifications.
"Her script-writer gives her the same speech everywhere," Sitharaman said.
The party also alleged that Gandhi has not responded to questions on the allegations levelled against Robert Vadra, and on issues like Aircel-Maxis Deal, ISRO-Dewas and the Commonwealth Games and other scams and hit out at her for sharing the dais with state Congress chief Virbhadra Singh.
"Today (at Mandi) she was sharing the dais with a former union minister- Virbhadra Singh- who is facing prosecution charges in a corruption case while another accusation has come up against him. And now there is third case exposed by a media house," Sitharaman said, adding Singh had quit the Cabinet when charges of corruption came up against him.
BJP alleged that the problems in Himachal Pradesh have been caused due to the "step-motherly" treatment of the Congress-led UPA government towards the state.
Enumerating some instances, Sitharaman said though the hill state had sought Rs 150 crore for maintainence of roads damaged during the rains, only Rs five crore has been sanctioned.
The state government has also demanded that like the north-eastern states, Himachal Pradesh should also be asked to pay only 10 per cent for the central schemes while the Centre should bear the 90 per cent.
BJP also charged that the Centre had not sanctioned funds for the Bhakra Beas Management Board project in Himachal Pradesh. "The state government has a share of seven per cent in the project which the Centre was not paying. It was only when the government went to court that the Centre released Rs 4,250 Crore," Sitharaman said.
The states share of rice, sugar and LPG is also not being sanctioned by the Centre, BJP alleged.
Polling will be held in the hill state on November 24. BJP is trying to retain power in Himachal Pradesh which has a tradition of voting out the incumbent party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon