Sonia holds parleys with Pranab, Antony on 2G spectrum, Karna
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia
Gandhi on Tuesday held parleys with senior party leaders Pranab
Mukherjee, A K Antony and Ghulam Nabi Azad in the wake of the
continuing stalemate in Parliament over 2G spectrum issue and
the political situation in BJP-ruled Karnataka.
No solution is in sight over Opposition`s demand for a
JPC probe into 2G spectrum scam as government has ruled out
any such probe.
Party leaders remained tight lipped on what transpired
at the meeting in which Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed
Patel was also present.
Gandhi`s meeting with Azad, who is the AICC in-charge
for Karnataka, comes a day when Chief Minister of the
BJP-ruled state B S Yeddyurappa was in the national capital
and held meetings with the central leadership of his party
amid pressure on him to resign in wake of the land allotment
controversy involving his kins.
Earlier in the day, Mukherjee had held two luncheon
meetings with Opposition leaders on the issue of JPC. A day
before, Congress core group had also discussed the matter but
the deadlock could not be resolved.
A section of the party, however, feels that there is
no harm in agreeing to JPC as it will be chaired by a member
of the ruling party in any case and Parliament can not be
allowed to be disrupted permanently.
A number of leaders in Congress as well as some
ministers, speaking on condition of anonymity, said government
may have to concede to the opposition`s demand for a JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey