Sonia hosts dinner for Cong MPs
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi
on Wednesday night played a gracious host to her MPs and Union Ministers
here at a dinner party thrown by her which was attended by
almost all the top leaders.
Gandhi had hosted the dinner at Hotel Ashok days
before the winter session of Parliament draws to a close.
Several Congress leaders were seen complimenting
Gandhi for her speech at the Congress Parliamentary Party(CPP)
meeting held this morning.
The Congress President had exhorted her party leaders
to take on the opposition in Parliament, remarking that the
latter have not been able to reconcile to their loss in the
2004 and 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
She also stated in her speech that Congress has the
potential to put in a strong performance in poll-bound states
of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Punjab.
"Madam appeared very lively and spirited," a Congress
leader present at the dinner said. Gandhi was unwell a few
months ago and had reportedly undergone treatment at a US
hospital for an undisclosed ailment.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress General
Secretary Rahul Gandhi were among the prominent guests at the
dinner. Several office-bearers of the All India Congress
Committee(AICC) also attended the dinner.
Sonia Gandhi was seen interacting with several of her
The dishes for the dinner menu included Rajasthani
and Kashmiri cuisines.
A woman MP from the Congress said there was a "large
spread of food from different regions and it was really good".
The dinner started at 7:30 pm and lasted around two
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed