Sonia made no sacrifice by relinquishing PM post: Rajnath
Lakhimpur: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday said Sonia Gandhi did not make any sacrifice by relinquishing the post of Prime Minister in 2004 as Sanjay Baru`s book had proved that she was the one actually running the government.
"By not accepting the PM post in 2004, Sonia made no sacrifice. From the book of former advisor of the PM Sanjay Baru, `The Accidental Prime Minister`, it has been proved that the Central government was being run from 10 Janpath (Gandhi`s residence)," Rajnath said at an election rally at Aurangabad in the Dhauraha parliamentary constituency.
Attacking opposition for dubbing his party non-secular, Singh said, "BJP is blamed for dividing the society. Soniaji does not know the history of the country. It`s partition was not done by BJP, but Congress," he said.
Dismissing reports of there being differences in the party over Narendra Modi`s nomination as the PM candidate, Singh said the decision was taken after consulting "all senior leaders."
"It is a party with an ideology in which Indian culture is reflected. Some people allege that there is a struggle within BJP for PM post, but there is nothing like it. Decision to make Modi the PM candidate was taken after taking all senior leaders into confidence," he said.
Singh said Congress wanted to take the support of people by creating terror (about BJP).
He said during the Congress government in the last 10 years, inflation had sky rocketed.
"If anyone controlled price rise, it was Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government," he said.
He accused BSP and SP of having a tacit understanding with Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof