Sonia, PM were unaware of Kasab’s hanging: Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has disclosed that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi were not kept in the loop about the planned hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab.
Talking to a news channel, Shinde said that no one from the Union Cabinet was aware of what was to unfold on Wednesday morning.
He added that only President Pranab Mukherjee, some Home Ministry officials and few in the Maharashtra government knew of the decision.
The Home Minister revealed that his Cabinet colleagues learnt of Kasab’s hanging through television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire