Sonia, PM were unaware of Kasab’s hanging: Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has disclosed that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi were not kept in the loop about the planned hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab.
Talking to a news channel, Shinde said that no one from the Union Cabinet was aware of what was to unfold on Wednesday morning.
He added that only President Pranab Mukherjee, some Home Ministry officials and few in the Maharashtra government knew of the decision.
The Home Minister revealed that his Cabinet colleagues learnt of Kasab’s hanging through television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees