Sonia, PM were unaware of Kasab’s hanging: Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has disclosed that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi were not kept in the loop about the planned hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab.
Talking to a news channel, Shinde said that no one from the Union Cabinet was aware of what was to unfold on Wednesday morning.
He added that only President Pranab Mukherjee, some Home Ministry officials and few in the Maharashtra government knew of the decision.
The Home Minister revealed that his Cabinet colleagues learnt of Kasab’s hanging through television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?