Sonia, PM were unaware of Kasab’s hanging: Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has disclosed that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi were not kept in the loop about the planned hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab.
Talking to a news channel, Shinde said that no one from the Union Cabinet was aware of what was to unfold on Wednesday morning.
He added that only President Pranab Mukherjee, some Home Ministry officials and few in the Maharashtra government knew of the decision.
The Home Minister revealed that his Cabinet colleagues learnt of Kasab’s hanging through television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed