Sonia, PM were unaware of Kasab’s hanging: Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has disclosed that even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi were not kept in the loop about the planned hanging of 26/11 Mumbai attack convict Ajmal Kasab.
Talking to a news channel, Shinde said that no one from the Union Cabinet was aware of what was to unfold on Wednesday morning.
He added that only President Pranab Mukherjee, some Home Ministry officials and few in the Maharashtra government knew of the decision.
The Home Minister revealed that his Cabinet colleagues learnt of Kasab’s hanging through television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review