Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka visit Amethi-Rae Bareli
New Delhi: UPA chairperson and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul Gandhi and daughter Priyanka Vadra on Thursday visited the family pocket borough of Amethi-Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
As per reports, the Congress chief held a meeting of the party`s district monitoring committee at her Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency. Sonia Gandhi also reviewed the development works being carried out in her constituency by holding a `Janta Durbar`.
Sonia was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka, who also interacted with party workers in Rae Bareli.
Meanwhile, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi toured Amethi. He also met Congress workers in Jagdishpur and Bazar Shukul apart from attending public functions.
The Gandhi family has come under attack for alleged corruption. The first attack on the Gandhi family was made by activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal, who accused Sonia’s son-in-law Robert Vadra of making big money through shady property deals with real estate giant the DLF group.
Interestingly, Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy last week accused the Gandhis of financial impropriety involving a private firm ‘Young Indians’ floated by them, which illegally acquired a public limited company having valuable property in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
The Janta Party president had alleged that the Congress gave an unsecured loan of Rs. 90 crore to the company that was acquired by the firm owned by the Gandhis.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living