Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka visit Amethi-Rae Bareli
New Delhi: UPA chairperson and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul Gandhi and daughter Priyanka Vadra on Thursday visited the family pocket borough of Amethi-Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
As per reports, the Congress chief held a meeting of the party`s district monitoring committee at her Rae Bareli Lok Sabha constituency. Sonia Gandhi also reviewed the development works being carried out in her constituency by holding a `Janta Durbar`.
Sonia was accompanied by her daughter Priyanka, who also interacted with party workers in Rae Bareli.
Meanwhile, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi toured Amethi. He also met Congress workers in Jagdishpur and Bazar Shukul apart from attending public functions.
The Gandhi family has come under attack for alleged corruption. The first attack on the Gandhi family was made by activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal, who accused Sonia’s son-in-law Robert Vadra of making big money through shady property deals with real estate giant the DLF group.
Interestingly, Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy last week accused the Gandhis of financial impropriety involving a private firm ‘Young Indians’ floated by them, which illegally acquired a public limited company having valuable property in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
The Janta Party president had alleged that the Congress gave an unsecured loan of Rs. 90 crore to the company that was acquired by the firm owned by the Gandhis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok