Sonia recovering well, to return soon: Sources
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi is
recovering well and will be back here this week accompanied by
her daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who is with her in the US.
Sources said Rahul Gandhi, who returned from the US
on Sunday, shared information about his mother`s health with
party leaders while chatting with them in Lok Sabha on Monday.
Gandhi was seen interacting with Congress leaders RPN
Singh, Arun Yadav, Sanjay Nirupam, Sis Ram Ola and others
after the Lok Sabha adjourned around 4.15 pm.
Several Congress members were heard inquiring about Sonia
Gandhi`s health and that when she would return.
Rahul had gone to the US some days back amid clear
indications from the party that the Congress president was
recovering well post surgery and expected to be back in the
national capital soon.
Priyanka, who was staying with her mother, was also back
here some ten days back in an indication that the Congress
would return soon. Priyanka has again flown to the US.
While Rahul returned, Priyanka is still there to
accompany her mother back home, sources said. The 64-year-old
Congress president underwent surgery for an undisclosed
ailment in a US hospital on August 4.
Party spokesperson Manish Tewari merely said he would
apprise the party media department chief about newsmen`s
queries on Congress president`s health and the latter could
share the information as and when it comes.
This was the first press briefing of Tewari after his
remarks including corruption charges against Anna Hazare raked
up a controversy for which he later apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...