Sonia recovering well, to return soon: Sources
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi is
recovering well and will be back here this week accompanied by
her daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who is with her in the US.
Sources said Rahul Gandhi, who returned from the US
on Sunday, shared information about his mother`s health with
party leaders while chatting with them in Lok Sabha on Monday.
Gandhi was seen interacting with Congress leaders RPN
Singh, Arun Yadav, Sanjay Nirupam, Sis Ram Ola and others
after the Lok Sabha adjourned around 4.15 pm.
Several Congress members were heard inquiring about Sonia
Gandhi`s health and that when she would return.
Rahul had gone to the US some days back amid clear
indications from the party that the Congress president was
recovering well post surgery and expected to be back in the
national capital soon.
Priyanka, who was staying with her mother, was also back
here some ten days back in an indication that the Congress
would return soon. Priyanka has again flown to the US.
While Rahul returned, Priyanka is still there to
accompany her mother back home, sources said. The 64-year-old
Congress president underwent surgery for an undisclosed
ailment in a US hospital on August 4.
Party spokesperson Manish Tewari merely said he would
apprise the party media department chief about newsmen`s
queries on Congress president`s health and the latter could
share the information as and when it comes.
This was the first press briefing of Tewari after his
remarks including corruption charges against Anna Hazare raked
up a controversy for which he later apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state