Sonia returns to Delhi after undergoing surgery
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi returned to Delhi on Thursday morning after her successful surgery for an undisclosed ailment in the US.
She returned to New Delhi at 3 am today after spending more than a month in the US.
"Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
10 Janpath sources said she is not meeting anyone.
The 64-year-old Gandhi had left the country on August two and underwent a surgery around August 04 and 05.
Before she left on August 04, she had formed a four-member group, including her son and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, to look after party matters in her absence. The others were Defence Minister AK Antony, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and party chief spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh