Sonia returns to Delhi after undergoing surgery
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi returned to Delhi on Thursday morning after her successful surgery for an undisclosed ailment in the US.
She returned to New Delhi at 3 am today after spending more than a month in the US.
"Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
10 Janpath sources said she is not meeting anyone.
The 64-year-old Gandhi had left the country on August two and underwent a surgery around August 04 and 05.
Before she left on August 04, she had formed a four-member group, including her son and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, to look after party matters in her absence. The others were Defence Minister AK Antony, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and party chief spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray