Sonia returns to Delhi after undergoing surgery
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi returned to Delhi on Thursday morning after her successful surgery for an undisclosed ailment in the US.
She returned to New Delhi at 3 am today after spending more than a month in the US.
"Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
10 Janpath sources said she is not meeting anyone.
The 64-year-old Gandhi had left the country on August two and underwent a surgery around August 04 and 05.
Before she left on August 04, she had formed a four-member group, including her son and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, to look after party matters in her absence. The others were Defence Minister AK Antony, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and party chief spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film