Sonia returns to Delhi after undergoing surgery
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi returned to Delhi on Thursday morning after her successful surgery for an undisclosed ailment in the US.
She returned to New Delhi at 3 am today after spending more than a month in the US.
"Congress president returned early today and she is fine," party general secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
10 Janpath sources said she is not meeting anyone.
The 64-year-old Gandhi had left the country on August two and underwent a surgery around August 04 and 05.
Before she left on August 04, she had formed a four-member group, including her son and general secretary Rahul Gandhi, to look after party matters in her absence. The others were Defence Minister AK Antony, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and party chief spokesperson Janardan Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest