Sonia sends condolence message to Azharuddin
Hyderabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Sunday conveyed her condolences to former cricketer and party MP Mohammad Azharuddin, whose younger son Ayazuddin died in a road accident two days ago.
Former minister Mohammad Ali Shabbir and other state Congress functionaries handed over Gandhi`s message to Azharuddin at his residence here, party sources said.
Ayazuddin (19), a commerce student and a budding cricketer, met with the accident on the Outer Ring Road here on September 11 when his sports bike skidded. His cousin
Azmal, who was riding pillion, died within an hour of the mishap, while Ayazuddin died on September 16 at city`s Apollo Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list