‘Sonia should apologise for attack on Baba Ramdev’
Indore: Holding the Congress responsible
for Saturday`s incident, in which, black ink was thrown at yoga
guru Baba Ramdev, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan demanded party president Sonia Gandhi`s apology for
this "undemocratic act".
"By indulging in this act against Ramdev, Congress has
not only applied ink on yoga guru`s face, but has blackened
the party`s face. The Congress chief should apologise to him
for this unfortunate incident," Chouhan told reporters here.
"This act of Congress is undemocratic, anti-Indian and
has crossed all the limits of decency. It has weakened the
democracy," he said adding, "It also reflects the party`s
dictatorial mindset that the voices raised in its protest will
Referring to the Hussain Tekri stampede near Jaora
town in the district earlier today, in which, over 10 persons
lost their lives, Chouhan said, a magisterial probe had been
ordered and further action would be taken after getting the
He also said that the government would provide an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh each to the victims` kin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read