‘Sonia should apologise for attack on Baba Ramdev’
Indore: Holding the Congress responsible
for Saturday`s incident, in which, black ink was thrown at yoga
guru Baba Ramdev, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan demanded party president Sonia Gandhi`s apology for
this "undemocratic act".
"By indulging in this act against Ramdev, Congress has
not only applied ink on yoga guru`s face, but has blackened
the party`s face. The Congress chief should apologise to him
for this unfortunate incident," Chouhan told reporters here.
"This act of Congress is undemocratic, anti-Indian and
has crossed all the limits of decency. It has weakened the
democracy," he said adding, "It also reflects the party`s
dictatorial mindset that the voices raised in its protest will
Referring to the Hussain Tekri stampede near Jaora
town in the district earlier today, in which, over 10 persons
lost their lives, Chouhan said, a magisterial probe had been
ordered and further action would be taken after getting the
He also said that the government would provide an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh each to the victims` kin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...