‘Sonia should apologise for attack on Baba Ramdev’
Indore: Holding the Congress responsible
for Saturday`s incident, in which, black ink was thrown at yoga
guru Baba Ramdev, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan demanded party president Sonia Gandhi`s apology for
this "undemocratic act".
"By indulging in this act against Ramdev, Congress has
not only applied ink on yoga guru`s face, but has blackened
the party`s face. The Congress chief should apologise to him
for this unfortunate incident," Chouhan told reporters here.
"This act of Congress is undemocratic, anti-Indian and
has crossed all the limits of decency. It has weakened the
democracy," he said adding, "It also reflects the party`s
dictatorial mindset that the voices raised in its protest will
Referring to the Hussain Tekri stampede near Jaora
town in the district earlier today, in which, over 10 persons
lost their lives, Chouhan said, a magisterial probe had been
ordered and further action would be taken after getting the
He also said that the government would provide an
ex-gratia of Rs one lakh each to the victims` kin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 122 pilots failed alcohol tests between 2013 and June 2016:Government
- Sexual harassment case: One witness denied allegations against Kumar Vishwas: Police to HC
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused bail plea
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision