Sonia should be Leader of Lok Sabha: Cong leader
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi should take up the post of the Leader of the Lok Sabha, a party leader said on Monday.
The leader, who declined to be identified, said it would be ideal if Sonia becomes the Leader of the Lok Sabha and there may be a deputy also.
The leader recalled that Sonia was the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha before Congress came to power in 2004.
He insisted that it was only a convention and not a rule for the Leader of House has to be a Cabinet Minister.
Only last week, 10 party MPs had favoured Rahul Gandhi to take up the post, which has fallen vacant after Pranab Mukherjee was elected President of the country.
DMK has already urged Sonia to become the Leader of the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!