Sonia should be Leader of Lok Sabha: Cong leader
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi should take up the post of the Leader of the Lok Sabha, a party leader said on Monday.
The leader, who declined to be identified, said it would be ideal if Sonia becomes the Leader of the Lok Sabha and there may be a deputy also.
The leader recalled that Sonia was the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha before Congress came to power in 2004.
He insisted that it was only a convention and not a rule for the Leader of House has to be a Cabinet Minister.
Only last week, 10 party MPs had favoured Rahul Gandhi to take up the post, which has fallen vacant after Pranab Mukherjee was elected President of the country.
DMK has already urged Sonia to become the Leader of the Lok Sabha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani