Sonia should be Leader of Lok Sabha: Cong leader
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi should take up the post of the Leader of the Lok Sabha, a party leader said on Monday.
The leader, who declined to be identified, said it would be ideal if Sonia becomes the Leader of the Lok Sabha and there may be a deputy also.
The leader recalled that Sonia was the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha before Congress came to power in 2004.
He insisted that it was only a convention and not a rule for the Leader of House has to be a Cabinet Minister.
Only last week, 10 party MPs had favoured Rahul Gandhi to take up the post, which has fallen vacant after Pranab Mukherjee was elected President of the country.
DMK has already urged Sonia to become the Leader of the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men