Sonia should hold probe into charges against Vadra
New Delhi: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday demanded that Congress president Sonia Gandhi should follow the example of her BJP counterpart by offering to hold probe into all the charges levelled against her son-in-law Robert Vadra.
"Nitin Gadkari has said he is ready for any probe into the charges levelled against him. By doing so, he has set a moral benchmark. Now we want to hear the same words from Sonia Gandhi. She should follow the benchmark set by Gadkari and offer to hold investigations against Robert Vadra," Bharti said.
Bharti said Gandhi cannot dissociate herself from Vadra or the financial gains that have accrued to him. She alleged Vadra had gained due to his proximity to Gandhi and her family.
"Vadra is not in politics so one cannot say he made profits due to his position or power. It was not possible for him to make these gains without the support of Sonia Gandhi. So we all want her to say what Gadkari has said. She should also agree to a probe into the dealings of Vadra," Bharti said.
Gadkari, who is facing allegations of dubious funding of his company, has expressed his readiness to face any probe.
Bharti welcomed the stand taken by the BJP president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees