Sonia should hold probe into charges against Vadra
New Delhi: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday demanded that Congress president Sonia Gandhi should follow the example of her BJP counterpart by offering to hold probe into all the charges levelled against her son-in-law Robert Vadra.
"Nitin Gadkari has said he is ready for any probe into the charges levelled against him. By doing so, he has set a moral benchmark. Now we want to hear the same words from Sonia Gandhi. She should follow the benchmark set by Gadkari and offer to hold investigations against Robert Vadra," Bharti said.
Bharti said Gandhi cannot dissociate herself from Vadra or the financial gains that have accrued to him. She alleged Vadra had gained due to his proximity to Gandhi and her family.
"Vadra is not in politics so one cannot say he made profits due to his position or power. It was not possible for him to make these gains without the support of Sonia Gandhi. So we all want her to say what Gadkari has said. She should also agree to a probe into the dealings of Vadra," Bharti said.
Gadkari, who is facing allegations of dubious funding of his company, has expressed his readiness to face any probe.
Bharti welcomed the stand taken by the BJP president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore