Sonia should hold probe into charges against Vadra
New Delhi: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday demanded that Congress president Sonia Gandhi should follow the example of her BJP counterpart by offering to hold probe into all the charges levelled against her son-in-law Robert Vadra.
"Nitin Gadkari has said he is ready for any probe into the charges levelled against him. By doing so, he has set a moral benchmark. Now we want to hear the same words from Sonia Gandhi. She should follow the benchmark set by Gadkari and offer to hold investigations against Robert Vadra," Bharti said.
Bharti said Gandhi cannot dissociate herself from Vadra or the financial gains that have accrued to him. She alleged Vadra had gained due to his proximity to Gandhi and her family.
"Vadra is not in politics so one cannot say he made profits due to his position or power. It was not possible for him to make these gains without the support of Sonia Gandhi. So we all want her to say what Gadkari has said. She should also agree to a probe into the dealings of Vadra," Bharti said.
Gadkari, who is facing allegations of dubious funding of his company, has expressed his readiness to face any probe.
Bharti welcomed the stand taken by the BJP president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'