Sonia should reply on the issues raised by Singh: BJP
New Delhi: BJP today attacked Congress President Sonia Gandhi and sought a reply from her on the issues raised by former Union Minister Natwar Singh in his latest book.
The party also asked her to answer if she had gone to meet Singh to stop him from writing the book as claimed by the former Congress leader.
"Sonia Gandhi does not have a reply to the issues raised by Natwar Singh. She is not telling if she had gone to Natwar Singh to stop him from writing the book," BJP Spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He also attacked Rahul Gandhi saying, "he says I want to live for the country, so now he should tell that if a soldier gets scared then who will protect our country. The chair of Prime Minister is a crown of thorns, your life is at stake there but to serve the country people accept it."
Natwar Singh in his autobiographical book `One Life is Not Enough` has said that Sonia Gandhi declined to become Prime Minister in 2004 because of strong opposition from her son Rahul Gandhi who was afraid that she would be killed like his father and grand mother if she accepted the post.
Congress today accused former External Affairs Minister Natwar Singh of making "allegations" and "distorting" facts in the wake his comments on the issue of Sonia Gandhi`s refusal to take up the job of Prime Minister in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video