Sonia should reply on the issues raised by Singh: BJP
New Delhi: BJP today attacked Congress President Sonia Gandhi and sought a reply from her on the issues raised by former Union Minister Natwar Singh in his latest book.
The party also asked her to answer if she had gone to meet Singh to stop him from writing the book as claimed by the former Congress leader.
"Sonia Gandhi does not have a reply to the issues raised by Natwar Singh. She is not telling if she had gone to Natwar Singh to stop him from writing the book," BJP Spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He also attacked Rahul Gandhi saying, "he says I want to live for the country, so now he should tell that if a soldier gets scared then who will protect our country. The chair of Prime Minister is a crown of thorns, your life is at stake there but to serve the country people accept it."
Natwar Singh in his autobiographical book `One Life is Not Enough` has said that Sonia Gandhi declined to become Prime Minister in 2004 because of strong opposition from her son Rahul Gandhi who was afraid that she would be killed like his father and grand mother if she accepted the post.
Congress today accused former External Affairs Minister Natwar Singh of making "allegations" and "distorting" facts in the wake his comments on the issue of Sonia Gandhi`s refusal to take up the job of Prime Minister in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections