`Sonia should retract her statement against BJP`
New Delhi: In wake of former CAG official RP Singh claiming his comments on PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on the 2G issue were misquoted, BJP Monday asked Congress president Sonia Gandhi to retract her statement in which she had attacked the main Opposition party.
"In light of what R P Singh has stated, the BJP would like to know from Sonia Gandhiji would she retract her comment almost condemning the BJP in the most abusive terms," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters outside Parliament here.
He said the core issue was rampant corruption in allocation of 2G licences, which were subsequently cancelled by the Supreme Court.
Prasad said it was "deeply regrettable and condemnable" for the Congress president to question the bona fide of BJP which is the principle Opposition party based on a "motivated comments" of a retired CAG official.
"Yes, certainly I think so," Gandhi had earlier told reporters here when asked whether BJP had been "exposed" by Singh`s comments.
Singh had recently said that the Public Accounts Committee had suggested one of the methodologies to CAG to calculate the losses due to 2G spectrum allocation, which were pegged at Rs 1.76 lakh crore in its final report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday