`Sonia should retract her statement against BJP`
New Delhi: In wake of former CAG official RP Singh claiming his comments on PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on the 2G issue were misquoted, BJP Monday asked Congress president Sonia Gandhi to retract her statement in which she had attacked the main Opposition party.
"In light of what R P Singh has stated, the BJP would like to know from Sonia Gandhiji would she retract her comment almost condemning the BJP in the most abusive terms," BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters outside Parliament here.
He said the core issue was rampant corruption in allocation of 2G licences, which were subsequently cancelled by the Supreme Court.
Prasad said it was "deeply regrettable and condemnable" for the Congress president to question the bona fide of BJP which is the principle Opposition party based on a "motivated comments" of a retired CAG official.
"Yes, certainly I think so," Gandhi had earlier told reporters here when asked whether BJP had been "exposed" by Singh`s comments.
Singh had recently said that the Public Accounts Committee had suggested one of the methodologies to CAG to calculate the losses due to 2G spectrum allocation, which were pegged at Rs 1.76 lakh crore in its final report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez