Sonia should speak up on coal, 2G spectrum scams: Modi
Kanker: Narendra Modi on Thursday trained his guns on Sonia Gandhi, saying she should speak up on coal and 2G spectrum scams as he alleged that the Congress was "misleading" the country on issues like development, inflation and employment generation.
Addressing an election rally here soon after Sonia Gandhi`s public meeting in Kondagaon in this state, he took a dig at her for saying that Congress believes in "doing work silently rather than speaking" and said the scams in coal block allocation and 2G spectrum were examples in this regard.
The BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate also attacked Rahul Gandhi for his comments that "poverty is a state of mind", saying he was "mocking" at the poor because he does not understand the pain of poverty.
Addressing Gandhi as "Madam", Modi referred to her comments made about two hours earlier that Congress is a party which "does not speak but only does work".
"You are right, madam. You do everything without saying anything... You (Congress government) did the coal scam without saying anything. In the 2G scam also, you did not say anything but did it... Scams took place beneath the earth, on the earth and in the air without you saying anything," he said.
He said UPA had made promises in run up to the 2009 Lok Sabha polls that it will contain inflation within 100 days of coming to power and create one crore jobs every year.
Contending that these promises were not fulfilled, Modi said, "whatever you say, you do not implement. The nation knows this as well... You say madam that you do everything without saying anything. Whatever you promise, you do not fulfill. Give answers on these."
He said the people earlier used to be befooled by the "false promises but now people awakened to the reality".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway