Sonia to address CPP meet today
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will on Thursday address a meeting of Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) here where she is expected to articulate the party thinking on issues like the situation in Kashmir, alleged corruption in Commonwealth Games preparations and Nuclear Liability Bill.
Sonia is also likely to address the forthcoming assembly elections in Bihar.
This will be the first meeting of CPP since the monsoon session of Parliament began on July 26. It could not be held earlier as Gandhi was in the US attending to her ailing mother.
A meeting of the Congress working committee is also expected soon to finalise the schedule for the Congress president`s election. Gandhi has created a record by being at the helm of the organisation since April 1998 and she is set to get a fourth term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in