Sonia to address CPP meet today
New Delhi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will on Thursday address a meeting of Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) here where she is expected to articulate the party thinking on issues like the situation in Kashmir, alleged corruption in Commonwealth Games preparations and Nuclear Liability Bill.
Sonia is also likely to address the forthcoming assembly elections in Bihar.
This will be the first meeting of CPP since the monsoon session of Parliament began on July 26. It could not be held earlier as Gandhi was in the US attending to her ailing mother.
A meeting of the Congress working committee is also expected soon to finalise the schedule for the Congress president`s election. Gandhi has created a record by being at the helm of the organisation since April 1998 and she is set to get a fourth term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says