Sonia to lay out roadmap for action at June 4 CWC
New Delhi: With the party and the government battling a number of crises on political and economic fronts, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is likely to flag concerns of the organisation and lay out a roadmap for future action plan at a meeting of Congress Working Committee (CWC) on June 4.
Party sources said that though no fixed agenda has been prepared for the meeting of the Extended CWC, the current "political and economic" issues will dominate the meeting of the apex decision-making body of Congress.
PCC chiefs and CLP leaders of states will also be participating in the meeting along with the regular CWC members and the permanent and special invitees to the Committee.
This will be the first formal meeting of the CWC on issues dogging the party after the reconstitution of the Committee in March last year.
The reconstitution of the CWC had seen over a third of the earlier CWC members, including the permanent and special invitees to the CWC, being dropped and replacement of three of the nine general secretaries and half the secretaries.
The first emergency meeting of the CWC called immediately after its reconstitution was in fact merely a condolence meeting to pay homage to the veteran Congressman and former Union minister and governor Arjun Singh.
The second meeting of the CWC was called in to pay homage to the then Arunachal Chief Minister Dorje Khandu, who had died in an air crash in May last year.
The last meeting to discuss any political issue had taken place in October 2010 to discuss the party`s strategy on the Allahabad High Court verdict on the Ayodhya title suit case on September 30 that year.
This will be the first meeting of the CWC after the party`s debacle in Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Goa, which could lead to a churning in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery