Sonia to lay out roadmap for action at June 4 CWC
New Delhi: With the party and the government battling a number of crises on political and economic fronts, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is likely to flag concerns of the organisation and lay out a roadmap for future action plan at a meeting of Congress Working Committee (CWC) on June 4.
Party sources said that though no fixed agenda has been prepared for the meeting of the Extended CWC, the current "political and economic" issues will dominate the meeting of the apex decision-making body of Congress.
PCC chiefs and CLP leaders of states will also be participating in the meeting along with the regular CWC members and the permanent and special invitees to the Committee.
This will be the first formal meeting of the CWC on issues dogging the party after the reconstitution of the Committee in March last year.
The reconstitution of the CWC had seen over a third of the earlier CWC members, including the permanent and special invitees to the CWC, being dropped and replacement of three of the nine general secretaries and half the secretaries.
The first emergency meeting of the CWC called immediately after its reconstitution was in fact merely a condolence meeting to pay homage to the veteran Congressman and former Union minister and governor Arjun Singh.
The second meeting of the CWC was called in to pay homage to the then Arunachal Chief Minister Dorje Khandu, who had died in an air crash in May last year.
The last meeting to discuss any political issue had taken place in October 2010 to discuss the party`s strategy on the Allahabad High Court verdict on the Ayodhya title suit case on September 30 that year.
This will be the first meeting of the CWC after the party`s debacle in Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Goa, which could lead to a churning in the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India