Sonia to take major step for conservation of Dal Lake
Jammu: UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi is
scheduled to pay a day-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir on May
29 to take major step in conservation of world famous Dal
Gandhi`s visit comes ahead of tour of Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to the border state on June 7-8.
The UPA Chairman would lay foundation stone of Dal
lake dwellers during her visit.
Gandhi would hand over allotment letters to some
settlers of the colony during her visit to Srinagar, Deputy
Chief Minister Tara Chand said.
She will visit the capital cities of Jammu and
Srinagar during the tour.
Deputy Chief Minister further said that 700 plots in
the colony with facilities like water supply, electric supply,
roads have been set up at Rak-i-Arth in Bemina belt of the
Srinagar summer capital.
About 11000 Dal dwellers families would be resettled
and rehabilitated in the colony being set up at an area of 940
Acres of land, where 11000 plots would carved out in phased
manner, he said.
As many as 700 plots have been carved out in the
first phase, while 2400 plots will be carved out by August
2010 and 8000 plots by March 2010, the Deputy CM said.
Dal Lake has been cleaned up to a large extent and
efforts are underway to restore it to its original glory, Tara
Chand, who holds the portfolio of Housing and Urban
Development ministry, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love