Soon, Army`s own attack helicopter fleet
New Delhi: Government has decided to allow the Army to have its own heavy duty attack helicopter fleet, Defence Minister A K Antony said Monday.
"Yes... The decision to vest the future inductions of attack helicopters with the Army has been taken keeping in view the operational requirements in the field," Antony told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
He was asked if it has been decided to let the Army have its own heavy duty attack chopper fleet.
The Army, which has been demanding control over attack and medium-lift helicopters, was recently allowed by the Defence Ministry to have its own combat chopper fleet.
The force plans to deploy these assets in its three Strike Corps and ten Pivot corps along the western, northern and north eastern borders of the country.
Answering a query on schools run by the Army, he said, "A case for exemption of Army schools from the ambit of Right to Education Act has been received from the Army headquarter and the same is under consideration of the Government."
In reply to another query on DRDO, he said, 11 distinguished scientists are working on extended tenures.
"As per existing provision, scientists and technologists can be given extension in service," he said.
Meanwhile, in reply to a written query on FDI in defence sector, Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh said, "FDI amounting to Rs 19.89 crore has been received in defence industry sector from January 2001 to September 2012."
He made it clear that the Government was not considering any proposal to further liberalise the investment policy to promote FDI in defence industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!