`SOPs be integrated in safety measures in building bye laws`
New Delhi: Security-related Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) for cities like Delhi should be
integrated in the safety measures contained in the building
bye laws itself, Minister of State for Home Ajay Maken said
This would ensure an in-built security mechanism for huge
buildings like malls etc, he said during a deliberation with
the top brass of Bureau of Police Research and Development
Maken also suggested that good work done in a state could
be replicated by another state in this regard.
On the micro missions under the National Police Mission,
he said that states needed to be allocated adequate resources
to ensure effective implementation of the Mission.
The Minister suggested that police reforms in the states
could be linked to funding from the Centre so as to expedite
the pace of reforms.
Referring to several Chief Ministers` demand for
extending the time-frame for police reforms, he said that the
set of reforms could be prioritised as this would ensure
better and quicker implementation.
He was apprised about the initiatives undertaken by BPRD
in the recent past and the proposals/schemes underway.
DG, BPRD, Prasun Mukherjee also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya