`SOPs be integrated in safety measures in building bye laws`
New Delhi: Security-related Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) for cities like Delhi should be
integrated in the safety measures contained in the building
bye laws itself, Minister of State for Home Ajay Maken said
This would ensure an in-built security mechanism for huge
buildings like malls etc, he said during a deliberation with
the top brass of Bureau of Police Research and Development
Maken also suggested that good work done in a state could
be replicated by another state in this regard.
On the micro missions under the National Police Mission,
he said that states needed to be allocated adequate resources
to ensure effective implementation of the Mission.
The Minister suggested that police reforms in the states
could be linked to funding from the Centre so as to expedite
the pace of reforms.
Referring to several Chief Ministers` demand for
extending the time-frame for police reforms, he said that the
set of reforms could be prioritised as this would ensure
better and quicker implementation.
He was apprised about the initiatives undertaken by BPRD
in the recent past and the proposals/schemes underway.
DG, BPRD, Prasun Mukherjee also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate