Sops from govt: 50,000 navy sailors to get faster promotions
New Delhi: The government has approved an assured career progression scheme for over 50,000 sailors of the Navy, which will help them to get faster promotions and increased salaries.
"As per the recommendations made by the sixth pay commission, the government has approved the ACP for sailors recruited under the non-metric entry and also carried out the review of their career profile. The move will benefit over 50,000 sailors," Navy officials said here.
The scheme will also result in prolonging the service tenure of these soldiers who now retire after putting in 20 years of service.
"After the implementation of the scheme, the sailors will get promoted upto the rank of Petty Officer (equivalent to Sargent in Air Force and Havaldar in Army) and retire after 26 years of service," they said.
This will also help in increasing their grade pay from Rs 2,400 to Rs 2,800 and would also result in an enhanced pension after retirement, the officials said.
The approval was accorded to the Navy by the Defence Ministry on May 19, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!