Sops from govt: 50,000 navy sailors to get faster promotions
New Delhi: The government has approved an assured career progression scheme for over 50,000 sailors of the Navy, which will help them to get faster promotions and increased salaries.
"As per the recommendations made by the sixth pay commission, the government has approved the ACP for sailors recruited under the non-metric entry and also carried out the review of their career profile. The move will benefit over 50,000 sailors," Navy officials said here.
The scheme will also result in prolonging the service tenure of these soldiers who now retire after putting in 20 years of service.
"After the implementation of the scheme, the sailors will get promoted upto the rank of Petty Officer (equivalent to Sargent in Air Force and Havaldar in Army) and retire after 26 years of service," they said.
This will also help in increasing their grade pay from Rs 2,400 to Rs 2,800 and would also result in an enhanced pension after retirement, the officials said.
The approval was accorded to the Navy by the Defence Ministry on May 19, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!