Sought details on Indian couple in Britain: Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid Monday said the government has sought more information on an Indian couple living in Britain whose child was reportedly taken away by British social service officials.
"We have sought more information (in the case)," Khurshid said here on the sidelines of an event.
He added, "We can`t be interfering in every administrative, legislative, or executive action taken by countries all over the globe. But yes, if they have an Indian connection or Indian citizenship then we will provide them with consular support, but we don`t have enough details on this and have sought details."
An Indian couple -- Rajat Puri and Shruti Beri -- living in Oxford is fighting to get their five-and-a-half-year-old son back from foster care after he was taken away by British social service officials on suspicion that he was being "sexually abused and improperly touched" by his father.
Their son had told his school that his father "is a bad man" who does "dirty things". Teachers from the boy`s school, Bayards Hill Primary School, called police and social service officials on March 6.
The parents have written to British Prime Minister David Cameron and his deputy Nick Clegg on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM