South African national held for online cheating
Kochi: A South African national has been
arrested here for allegedly duping people through online
Daniel Benson (32) of Johannesburg was detained following
an alert by a local hotel staff that the accused failed to
produce his passport and other documents after arriving from
Mumbai by a Go Air flight at the Kochi International airport
at nearby Nedumbassery last night, police said.
Benson also tried to escape from the police station at
midnight but failed, they said.
During interrogation, police found Benson had allegedly
cheated one person in Andhra Pradesh by convincing that he
will get him a BMW car and 50,000 pounds and demanded Rs two
lakhs as service charge to be remitted in a Mumbai branch of
State Bank of India. The victim had remitted Rs 40,000, police
Benson had also allegedly tried to cheat an engineer of
Thrissur in Kerala, they said adding a case was registered in
this connection and investigation was on.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city