South African national held for online cheating
Kochi: A South African national has been
arrested here for allegedly duping people through online
Daniel Benson (32) of Johannesburg was detained following
an alert by a local hotel staff that the accused failed to
produce his passport and other documents after arriving from
Mumbai by a Go Air flight at the Kochi International airport
at nearby Nedumbassery last night, police said.
Benson also tried to escape from the police station at
midnight but failed, they said.
During interrogation, police found Benson had allegedly
cheated one person in Andhra Pradesh by convincing that he
will get him a BMW car and 50,000 pounds and demanded Rs two
lakhs as service charge to be remitted in a Mumbai branch of
State Bank of India. The victim had remitted Rs 40,000, police
Benson had also allegedly tried to cheat an engineer of
Thrissur in Kerala, they said adding a case was registered in
this connection and investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves