South Korean President to visit India
New Delhi: South Korean President Park Geun-hye will arrive in New Delhi on Wednesday on a four-day state visit to India.
She will be accompanied by a high-level delegation which includes the foreign, trade , ICT and science ministers.
During her visit, Geun-hye will hold delegation level talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and discuss bilateral, regional and global issues.
She is also scheduled to meet President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin had said on Tuesdaythat following the completion of the delegation-level talks, some agreements are expected to be signed between the two countries.
The visit is expected to strengthen the India-Korea Strategic Partnership.
The two countries have a very robust economic relationship. Bilateral trade in 2012 was worth a little over 18 billion dollars.
South Korea is a major investment partner in India and there are about 300 Korean companies functioning in India and employing about 40,000 workers.
Indian companies too have a presence in South Korea in areas relating to motor vehicles, IT and pharmaceuticals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog