Southern Naval command bids adieu to Vice Admiral Soni
Kochi: Southern Naval Command on Saturday bid farewell to its Commander-in-Chief Vice Admiral Satish Soni, who has been posted as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Naval command.
An impressive ceremonial parade was held in the Naval base this morning in honour after which the traditional `Pulling Out` ceremony was held in which Soni was ceremonially pulled out in a jeep by Flag Officers and Commanding Officers of Ships and Naval establishments of Kochi.
Throughout the `Pulling Out`, the men of Southern Naval Command sounded an emotional `Teen Jais` for their Commander-in-Chief.
In his farewell address, Soni praised every member of the Southern Naval Command, both uniformed and civilian personnel, for their outstanding contribution in meeting the goals set during last two years.
Soni had assumed charge of the Southern Naval Command on May 31, 2012. Under his leadership various infrastructure projects for the Navy`s future requirement were initiated in Kerala and Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands, a Naval release said.
Being the primary training command, the Vice-Admiral was instrumental in showcasing the image of Indian Naval Training to its ASEAN neighbours through the ASEAN expedition of INS Sudarshini from September 15, 2012 to March 25, 2013.
Vice-Admiral SPS Cheema will assume Command of Southern Naval Command later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution
- Massive reef ecosystem found hiding behind Great Barrier Reef
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples