SP announces new candidates for five Lok Sabha sea
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party Friday changed the candidates for five Lok Sabha seats and announced the names of the new ones.
While Mitrasen Yadav has been given the ticket from Faizabad seat in place of Tilakram Verma, Rameshwar Singh Yadav has secured the ticket from Farukhabad in place of Sachin Singh Yadav, party national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said in a statement.
In Ambedkar Nagar, Ram Murti Verma has been given the ticket. He replaces Hiralal Yadav. Rajiv Rai has been offered a chance from Ghosi seat in place of Balkishan Chauhan, he said.
In Kushinagar, Radheyshyam Singh would contest from the seat instead of Nathuni Khushwaha.
No reason has been cited for the change in tickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data