SP announces new candidates for five Lok Sabha sea
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party Friday changed the candidates for five Lok Sabha seats and announced the names of the new ones.
While Mitrasen Yadav has been given the ticket from Faizabad seat in place of Tilakram Verma, Rameshwar Singh Yadav has secured the ticket from Farukhabad in place of Sachin Singh Yadav, party national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said in a statement.
In Ambedkar Nagar, Ram Murti Verma has been given the ticket. He replaces Hiralal Yadav. Rajiv Rai has been offered a chance from Ghosi seat in place of Balkishan Chauhan, he said.
In Kushinagar, Radheyshyam Singh would contest from the seat instead of Nathuni Khushwaha.
No reason has been cited for the change in tickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab