SP asks Cong to clarify stand on Dadri
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party on Sunday asked the
Congress to come clear on the Anil Ambani`s Dadri power
project in view of contradictory stands taken on it by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee and party General Secretary Digvijay
While Mukherjee supported the project, Singh welcomed the
Allahabad High Court`s recent decision against it.
"Digvijay Singh has said he is happy with the Allahabad
High Court decision against the project, while Mukherjee had
said the government has decided to distribute gas to Dadri
project. So, is this Digvijay Singh`s stand or that of the
Congress?" SP general secretary Amar Singh said.
Seeking a clarification from the Congress on the issue,
Amar Singh said Mukherjee and Petroleum Minister Murli Deora
supported supply of gas to Dadri but Digvijay Singh was
opposed apparently due to personal interests.
"I am not levelling any charge but there is a perception
that Digvijay Singh is a very, very close friend of Mukesh
Ambani," Amar Singh said, adding that the Congress leader had
every right to be "happy and delighted" at the stalling of
Asia`s largest power project.
On the accusation that he was speaking in favour of a
corporate group, he said "I am not batting for Anil Ambani. I
am batting for NTPC as it is a public undertaking and I am an
elected member of Committee on Public Undertakings (COPU)".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead