SP, BSP its reserve force? Congress steers clear
New Delhi: Despite the two parties giving a helping hand on the FDI in retail issue, Congress on Thursday steered clear of questions that SP and BSP are its reserve force.
"Why you are asking me? You ask the respective political parties," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters.
She was replying to a query whether Congress views SP and BSP as its `reserve force` given the fact that the two parties have repeatedly bailed out the Congress in tricky situations.
BJP has been alleging that the Congress-led coalition was using CBI to get SP and BSP on board on many issues to which they are in principle opposed.
"Forgive them they do not know what they are saying," was Chowdhary`s dismissive response when asked about the Opposition charge that BSP and SP voted for the government due to the fear of CBI.
She also dismissed claims by BJP and other Opposition parties that the vote on FDI in retail showed that Congress was leading a minority government and the majority was in favour of not allowing the FDI.
Chowdhary said that political parties need to "look beyond the limits of political posturings" on the FDI issue.
Asked about the Opposition charge that the government did not get even the 272 figure during the vote in Lok Sabha, which is the majority mark, the Congress spokesperson said that It is the mathematics of politics that they were discussing and that "at the end of the day, the mathematics prevailed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note