SP disapproves of govt`s proposed free mobile scheme
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party, which promised free laptops to students in last UP Assembly Election, on Saturday disapproved of the Centre`s proposed move to distribute mobiles to each village family and tablets to students, saying the scheme will render the government poor.
"The government is working like a father who is rendering his son poor by indulging in luxury," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav said outside Parliament.
He was asked about the Centre`s proposed mega scheme of free distribution of tablets and mobile phones to targeted beneficiaries.
The proposal comes after the government`s ambitious food legislation that entails providing subsidised foodgrains to 67 per cent of India`s population.
The proposed free tablet and mobile scheme is learnt to have been sent to the telecom commission by the Department of Telecommunication. After the commission`s approval, the plan will be sent to the Cabinet.
The SP leader also took a dig at the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for addressing a rally from a replica of Red Fort in Chhattisgarh.
The symbolism involving the historical monument is hard to miss as it is from the ramparts of the Red Fort that Prime Ministers address the nation on Independence Day.
"This means (addressing from) Red Fort is not be in his fate," Yadav quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters