SP disapproves of govt`s proposed free mobile scheme
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party, which promised free laptops to students in last UP Assembly Election, on Saturday disapproved of the Centre`s proposed move to distribute mobiles to each village family and tablets to students, saying the scheme will render the government poor.
"The government is working like a father who is rendering his son poor by indulging in luxury," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav said outside Parliament.
He was asked about the Centre`s proposed mega scheme of free distribution of tablets and mobile phones to targeted beneficiaries.
The proposal comes after the government`s ambitious food legislation that entails providing subsidised foodgrains to 67 per cent of India`s population.
The proposed free tablet and mobile scheme is learnt to have been sent to the telecom commission by the Department of Telecommunication. After the commission`s approval, the plan will be sent to the Cabinet.
The SP leader also took a dig at the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for addressing a rally from a replica of Red Fort in Chhattisgarh.
The symbolism involving the historical monument is hard to miss as it is from the ramparts of the Red Fort that Prime Ministers address the nation on Independence Day.
"This means (addressing from) Red Fort is not be in his fate," Yadav quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation