SP disapproves of govt`s proposed free mobile scheme
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party, which promised free laptops to students in last UP Assembly Election, on Saturday disapproved of the Centre`s proposed move to distribute mobiles to each village family and tablets to students, saying the scheme will render the government poor.
"The government is working like a father who is rendering his son poor by indulging in luxury," SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav said outside Parliament.
He was asked about the Centre`s proposed mega scheme of free distribution of tablets and mobile phones to targeted beneficiaries.
The proposal comes after the government`s ambitious food legislation that entails providing subsidised foodgrains to 67 per cent of India`s population.
The proposed free tablet and mobile scheme is learnt to have been sent to the telecom commission by the Department of Telecommunication. After the commission`s approval, the plan will be sent to the Cabinet.
The SP leader also took a dig at the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for addressing a rally from a replica of Red Fort in Chhattisgarh.
The symbolism involving the historical monument is hard to miss as it is from the ramparts of the Red Fort that Prime Ministers address the nation on Independence Day.
"This means (addressing from) Red Fort is not be in his fate," Yadav quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!